Training Opportunities for Graduate Students
Personal Counseling Services accepts two practicum students each academic year. Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year are due on February 9th, 2019. For questions, please contact Dr. Megan Cobb-Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current doctoral or masters-level students in counseling or clinical psychology
- Must have successfully completed coursework in counseling skills, counseling theories, and ethics in counseling
- Able to commit at least 15 hours a week to practicum position
- Provide individual counseling to diverse students with a range of presenting concerns (estimated 10 hours weekly)
- Co-facilitate a support or interpersonal process group
- Participate in bi-weekly trainings on a range of topics
- Provide outreach presentations and information about PCS to the college community
- “Community-feel” of being on a small college campus, including chances to regularly consult with offices outside of PCS
Practicum students will be supervised by a licensed psychologist for one hour each week. Ongoing consultation regarding cases is also strongly encouraged. Practicum students will also participate in weekly case consultation meetings and bi-weekly trainings.
Application requirements (to be submitted via email to email@example.com):
- Current vita
- Cover letter describing your clinical experience and interest in Personal Counseling Services
- Graduate transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Names and contact information of 2 references (e.g., program faculty, former practicum supervisors)